I Should be Committed

Keep an eye on this space. By this time tomorrow (or maybe a little later....) I should have a new post up. Today I went ahead and signed up for NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month - all it means is I've committed to writing and posting every day. We'll see how it goes when I'm in Big Bend, unplugged, over Thanksgiving, but let's face this one day at a time, shall we?
It's been AGES since I posted, I know. I cook nearly every day. And I even remember to take photos of some of those meals. But two things keep me from posting:
  • Lack of time
  • Lack of faith in my photos
I've decided that both of these can be overcome. Ironically, I've decided this just as my camera's auto focus has mysteriously stopped working all together. Hopefully I can find the manual.....

I've been reminding myself that I started this blog because I LOVE seasonal cooking, and I love preparing meals that my family enjoys in the limited time I have after work using farm fresh ingredients. I'm still doing these things. I've just been keeping the recipes and the excitement to myself.
Frankly, Fall is hailed by foodies everywhere as nirvana. I decided now was the perfect time to get back into the swing of things. Even as I type this I can smell our breakfast scones - oat scones with apple and dried cherries - baking in the oven. Whether I get a decent photo of them or not, I promise to post the recipe by tomorrow. Y'all know what flour and diced apples look like anyway, right?

Comments

Popular Posts